Water polo teams excel

+++Both+boys+and+girls+water+polo+teams+have+been+excelling+at+the+sport+for+years.+They+are+slowing+down.+At+this+rate%2C+SHS+will+stay+the+best+water+polo+school+in+Ohio+for+a+very+long+time.

McDaniel's Photography

Both boys and girls water polo teams have been excelling at the sport for years. They are slowing down. At this rate, SHS will stay the best water polo school in Ohio for a very long time.

SHS is one of the leading swimming and water polo schools in Ohio. The team has been involved in competitive water polo since 1971. A few students that went to SHS have even gone on to compete at National or even Olympic levels. The program has also produced many students at the All-American level going all the way back to 1975.

“I didn’t know that our water polo program was so good. I’ll probably start to keep up with the now that I know they’re so good,” sophomore Bradley Bolotin said.

SHS water polo holds some of the highest numbers of All-Americans in the state of Ohio for the sport. Most recently the boys’ team has won four back to back GMC titles and the girls’ team has been to the state finals in three of the last five years.

“I have a few friends on the water polo teams and I think it’s really cool. I didn’t realize that they were that good,” freshman Jacob Kotzin said.

“It’s good to know that we have a sports team that does really well consistently.” sophomore Nick Wade said.