Terrorist group attacks Kenyan University

MCT photo

Garissa University is located in Kenya. 147 students were killed by a terrorist group named Al-Shabab. The attack was organized by Mohamed Mohamud.

1. That is the number of students slain by a terrorist attack on Garissa University in Kenya. This large number of Kenyans’ dreams were crushed in the span of one day, like a human crushing an ant.

The terrorist attack was organized by Mohamed Mohamud, a senior leader of the terrorist group Al-shabaab. During the attack, those committing the assault separated the Christians and Muslims, and forced the Christians to recite verses from the Quran.

Those who could not quote the holy book attempted to flee, but were taken down by bullets.

“I can’t even look at pictures of the people killed without crying,” Mary Wambui said in an interview with CNN.

Wambui lives in Nakuru, hundreds of miles away from Garissa.

“They were just children. They were trying to make a better life for themselves. Some were first to go to college in their communities. They died trying to get an education,” Wambui said.

One man, Boniface Mwangi, organized a vigil to honor the myriad of students who had their futures ripped from them.

“We need to talk about the bright futures cut short. Today’s meeting will be a calling to say, ‘We need to remember the 147; they are not just a number,’” Mwangi said, in an interview with CNN.