AP Europe trip triumphs spring break

The sophomore AP European history class traveled to Europe over spring break. From March 27 to April 5 students traveled to London, Paris, Florence, and Rome.

The trip was organized by social studies teacher, Mr. Andrew Ovington. Other teachers also accompanied as chaperones.

“Although all of the cities we visited were really cool, Florence was my favorite because it had the best food in my opinion,” sophomore Justin Banke said.

During the days in London, the weather was very rainy and cold so students had to wear raincoats and long pants. In Paris, the weather was clear but windy, resulting in the inability to climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

The Eiffel Tower only allowed people to climb to the second level of the tower and many people chose to take the steps over the elevator.

“The Eiffel Tower steps felt like they would never end but the view at the second level was worth it,” sophomore Caroline Veraldo said.

The weather in Florence, Italy was very warm and sunny making it easy for students to dress light and eat a lot of gelato.

“The views atop the bell tower in Florence were amazing and it was a beautiful, warm city in the mountains,” Banke said.

EF tours were used by the AP European class which brought students to many famous landmarks around Great Britain, France, and Italy. The tour guide Gian-Marco followed the class throughout the many cities and helped make students more comfortable in Europe.