Jewish students await trip to Israel

While+in+Israel%2C+students+will+be+able+to+experience+sights+and+sounds+never+seen+or+heard+by+them.+One+of+the+more+popular+tourist+attractions+is+the+Dead+Sea%2C+in+which+you+completely+float.+Students+are+looking+forward+to+this+amazing+time+in+their+life.+

Zachary Fritzhand

While in Israel, students will be able to experience sights and sounds never seen or heard by them. One of the more popular tourist attractions is the Dead Sea, in which you completely float. Students are looking forward to this amazing time in their life.

The crystal clear water and history of Israel awaits students from all over the country.  It is a little over a month until the Cincinnati contingency leaves for Israel. On June 23, several students from surrounding Cincinnati schools will be traveling to the Holy Land.

Some students have waited 15, 16, or even 17 years to visit Israel. Other students have been there before and will experience it again, this time with friends.

“When I traveled to Israel two years ago for the first time, I was not quite sure what to expect. The trip and the people of Israel completely exceeded my expectations,” senior Allie Levine said.

All Cincinnati students will fly together to JFK airport in New York. After arriving, these students will be transported to their flight that takes them to Israel.

Not only is there Cincinnati students exploring Israel, students from Florida, Missouri, and Indiana are traveling as well. This particular trip is sponsored by NFTY, North American Federation of Temple Youth.

“I have been to Israel with my family before, but I am really excited to experience the country with a group of students my age,” sophomore Andrew Schneider said.

While in Israel, students will be able to meet Israeli teens, visit the Western Wall, explore the ancient cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, ride a camel, snorkel in the Red Sea, swim in the Mediterranean Sea, Jordan River, and float in the Dead Sea.

“I am so excited to experience the Dead Sea, I have heard so many great things about it,” junior Miles Goldfarb said.

This trip will mean a whole lot to the students who are traveling to the country of Israel. Students will literally be walking in history.