Students ecstatic, Cleveland makes the NBA Finals

Ever since LeBron James returned to Cleveland, Ohio over staying in beautiful Miami Beach with the Miami Heat, Northern Ohio, and all of Ohio, has been ecstatic. The ‘Chosen One’ had decided to come home.

Lebron James (23) is guarded by Demarre Carroll. LeBron is averaging over 25 points in these playoffs, which is two points under his regular season average. This is Cleveland's first trip to the NBA Finals since 2007. PC: MCT Photo
Lebron James (23) is guarded by Demarre Carroll. LeBron is averaging over 25 points in these playoffs, which is two points under his regular season average. This is Cleveland’s first trip to the NBA Finals since 2007. PC: MCT Photo

This season has been strange to say the least, but local students have supported the Cavs through and through.

“Even though I have been called a bandwagon multiple times, I doesn’t matter to me,” said sophomore, Josh Rosen “Being a Cleveland fan has always been hard and this season has been no
different, but finally the long wait is starting to pay off in the form of an NBA Finals trip”

Cleveland last went to the NBA Finals when, LeBron led the team there in 2007, where they were swept by the San Antonio Spurs.

The city is also seeking its first major sports championship in the last 40 years. LeBron is also seeking his third championship and his third finals MVP.

Through the playoffs LeBron is averaging 25 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists which is two assists shy of a triple double.

He also has surpassed numerous statistical milestones, he is now second all-time in playoff triple doubles, sixth all time in playoff scoring, and first all time in games where he scores 30+ points, five + assists and five + rebounds.

“LeBron has taken it to another level entirely,” said sophomore Jannan Sivaruban, “Even though I’m not a Cavs fan, I am a fan of good basketball. He is one of the greatest players of our generation so it is a lot of fun to watch.”