Preparing for a perfect Prom

Students+dance+at+last+year%E2%80%99s+prom.+The+past+prom+was+at+Oasis+Country+Club.+The+decision+has+been+made+to+switch+the+dance+to+the+Sharonville+Convention+Center.+

McDaniel's Photography

Students dance at last year’s prom. The past prom was at Oasis Country Club. The decision has been made to switch the dance to the Sharonville Convention Center.

Prom may seem eons away but that does not mean that people are not preparing for it. Girls have begun shopping for prom dresses, the junior class has been ordering and preparing decorations, and students are asking people to dances.
On Fri. Apr. 8, Prom Fair is taking place during lunch. Student Council members are wearing prom dresses courtesy of Bridal and Formal and tuxedos courtesy of Folchi’s Formal Wear. Hair is being done by Paul Mitchell Salon during the school day.
Senior Amy Bitzer said, “I love being part of Prom Fair. It’s so much fun and is a great bonding experience for student council. I can’t wait to walk in it and I hope everyone else is just as excited for the event.”
Each contributing group will have tables set up at lunch with coupons. In addition to the previously named groups, After Prom will have a table that will hand out all necessary forms needed before a student comes.
Junior, student council member, Kiley Schaffer said, “Prom Fair is a really great tradition that SHS does. We want students to become excited about prom and to really want to come to the dance. I can’t wait to see all the girls in their dresses.”
The dance is on May 14 at the Sharonville Convention Center. The theme was recently announced as “A Night To Remember.”
Junior class president Renee Foster said, “I’m so excited for prom. We have been working really hard to make sure that everyone loves the dance. It’s going to be a great time without a doubt.”