Students celebrate their futures

Seniors+Raquel+Levitt%2C+Camila+Cardenas%2C+Melissa+Goodman%2C+Ali+Richter%2C+Orion+Schlosser%2C+Lydia+Deppert%2C+and+Zoe+Schlosser+pose+for+a+group+photo+with+their+college+shirts.+Seniors+are+encouraged+to+wear+shirts+for+their+future+plans+on+Fri.+May+13.+There+will+be+ice+cream+as+well+as+posters+to+sign+courtesy+of+the+PTO.+

Seniors Raquel Levitt, Camila Cardenas, Melissa Goodman, Ali Richter, Orion Schlosser, Lydia Deppert, and Zoe Schlosser pose for a group photo with their college shirts. Seniors are encouraged to wear shirts for their future plans on Fri. May 13. There will be ice cream as well as posters to sign courtesy of the PTO.

The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) works hard to organize events for students. This includes the odd couples ball, after prom, and several senior events. On Fri. May 13, PTO will also be organizing launch day.
Launch day is intended to help students celebrate their, and their friends, future plans.
Mrs. Karen Rickert said, “I’m thrilled to be in charge of launch day this year. Seniors are asked to wear shirts that represent their future plans. This can be an army t-shirt, a college one, or anything the student can think of.”
In addition, students will sign a poster indicating where they are going. The signing will happen during lunch in the commons.
Senior Maggie Pustinger said, “I think launch day is great because I’m really interested to see where everyone is going next year.”
Launch day has been combined with the senior ice cream social so in addition to signing posters, seniors will receive an ice cream sundae.
Senior Christina Caporale said, “Its amazing that the PTO does this for us. I’m glad that we have such amazing parents in the community who are willing to spend their time celebrating our future plans.”
Other students are encouraged to wear spirit gear for prom spirit week on Friday.