Marching band heads to Florida

McDaniel’s Photography

Students in the marching band are heading to Disney this fall. The students will perform in EPCOT this trip. More than just another performance experience, this trip enables the members to bond.

The time has come again for the group to put on their Mickey ears and pack their bags: they are going to Disney World.

The musical group has the Disney experience every two years at the conclusion of their marching season.

“I’ve only been to Disney once before, but it was as a little kid. I’m excited to get a chance to see it all again now that I’m older and won’t be afraid of the roller coasters,” said Jenny Lu, 10.

The students bring their instruments and uniforms to perform in the day parade at Magic Kingdom, although this year will be different.

“I’m so excited to ride rides and meet characters and eat food from around the world in EPCOT with my friends,” said Karen Mellott, 11.

Disney is filming footage of the parade for a Christmas production, thus the kids will now perform at EPCOT, which is a change from previous years.

Both the band and orchestra will drive down in three buses, and spend a total of three days in Florida. There, they will go to EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios, three of the Disney parks.

The students will have time to wander the parks, eat lots of snacks, and ride the multitude of coasters.

“What I’m really looking forward to in Disney are the rides. Despite it being all about the parade, it’s been years since I’ve last gone, and I just can’t wait to see what’s changed,” said Katherine Shi, 9.

The trip offers more than just another performance but a chance to bond with their fellow peers after a great season.