• Upperclassmen Awards May 4

• Band Concert May 3 at 7:00 p.m.

• AP Testing May 1-12

• Jazz Concert May 1 at 7:00 p.m.

Flyerettes appear in pep rally

HITTING IT. The Flyerettes are performing their routine. For the team, the pep rally symbolizes the beginning of their performance season; while they are aiming for more fall events to dance at, this is normally their first big performance. For the two four year seniors, it was an emotional time that marks the beginning of the end to their high school dance career. “The Homecoming pep rally was really exciting because it was our chance to show the school what we are made of. I loved performing that dance and it made my last pep rally something to remember,” said Hannah Young, 12 and co-captain.

Bruns, Caroline Marie

Bruns, Caroline Marie

Lauren Kurtzer, Creative Projects Director

GETTING LOW. The Sycamore Dance team, the Flyerettes, is beginning their routine during the Homecoming pep rally on Friday Oct. 7. They learned the dance from a Universal Dance Association (UDA) camp from Mon. July 18-Thurs July 21 at the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason. UDA hired a choreographer, to teach this routine, who has worked with many artists and performers including being a backup dancer for Beyonce. All photos courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.