Fashion for the Cure 2017 Press Release

2017 Press Release

Compassion Fashion To Help Young Cancer Patients & Families

Great news! Sycamore High School is having their 11th annual Fashion for the Cure on  Saturday, February 25th 2017! Fashion for the Cure is an annual event that is produced and managed by students, includes student designers, and involves models, both child and adult.  In addition to the Sycamore student models, 24 models will be Dragonflies, young cancer patients and their siblings/offspring!

For the 4th year in a row, the event is raising money to support The Dragonfly Foundation, a local non-profit that helps young cancer and bone marrow transplant patients and their families find strength. The support Dragonfly  provides comes in the form of caring, community and awareness that results in better emotional health. The Dragonfly Foundation’s main goal is to distract the children and their families from the emotional, physical, and financial toll of the treatment and the challenges of long-term recovery.

Fashion For The Cure supports The Dragonfly Foundation and their efforts to help young patients, their siblings/offspring and parents/caregivers enjoy their lives TODAY because they may not have a tomorrow.

The  Sycamore High School  show will be held in the school’s main theatre, and starts at 7:30 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm). In addition to the fashion show, there will be a Silent Auction and Raffle Baskets available. Last year’s event raised $29,000 for The Dragonfly Foundation. Our goal this year is to exceed $30,000! Please come support The Dragonfly Foundation and the young patients/families they help in our community! Information about the event is available at www.sycamorefashionforthecure.com.

For more information about Dragonfly, please visit Dragonfly.org.

(Courtesy of Ms. Debbie Klemt)