• Last Day of School May 25

• Late Arrival May 23

• Graduation in Cintas Center May 22 at 7:00 p.m.

• Underclassmen Exams May 22-25

Filed under Feature

Dust clears from Color Run

As+pictured%2C+many+people%E2%80%99s+hands+were+temporarily+stained+by+the+paint.+The+paint+was+in+a+chalk+format%2C+but+as+it+mixed+with+sweat+or+moisture+it+began+to+soak+into+the+skin.+For+days+on+end%2C+participants+were+trying+to+wash+the+color+out+of+themselves%3B+luckily+all+the+paint+was+nontoxic+and+should+not+affect+physical+health+in+any+way.+
As pictured, many people’s hands were temporarily stained by the paint. The paint was in a chalk format, but as it mixed with sweat or moisture it began to soak into the skin. For days on end, participants were trying to wash the color out of themselves; luckily all the paint was nontoxic and should not affect physical health in any way.

Staff

Staff

“The runners are coming, the runners are coming,” said Student Council members, volunteers, and gleeful onlookers as the participants of this year’s Color Run raced through the Sycamore High School fields. Along with running, many participants walked and had a phenomenal time.

Among the walkers was a young girl and her dog, who both registered for the event and wore their Color for a Cause t-shirts throughout the race. Both were covered from head to toe with mud, color, and gleeful smiles.

“After months of planning, the event just kind of fell into place. Makayla Bath was the head of this committee and basically organized the entire thing, so props to her! She was the one who thought of and brought everything so that her volunteers didn’t get stressed. To say the least, she did a phenomenal job,” said Andrew Greenberger, 10.

For this particular event, Student Council members and district volunteers arrived at 7:30 a.m. to set up tables, organize t-shirts, begin registration, and eat some bagels.

“Setting up wasn’t very stressful, but when it came to registration, it got a bit hectic. There were a few errors we had to attend to throughout the process, but everyone ended up with what they wanted and needed as far as the racers were concerned,” said Halle Gordon, 11.

The conditions for the race were cold for an inactive person but were just right for activity. Along with perfect racing conditions, the sun was shining and all the faces that passed were smiling big.

“One thing I absolutely loved was spraying people with the color. It was really fun because everyone wanted to be hit and were so open to yelling and screaming and just being carefree as they passed through color stations.

“One problem that I had with it, though, was that sometimes I would hit people with color in places where they most likely wouldn’t have wanted it to be, like their ears or nose. I felt bad when that happened,” said Olivia Hewitt, 10.

There were three color stations along the course where the paint dust was sprayed. Along with these stations, each runner received their own color packet that they could throw upon themselves, their friends, or any other runner. This allowed for a diversity in colors because the color stations only had four different colors.

Overall, the event went on without a hitch: no injuries, no rain, no unsatisfied customers. All of the proceeds of this race went to a local PTSD charity, and over $4000 were raised through registration and raffle ticket sales to support the cause.

From the Student Council specifically, thank you for coming and GO AVES!