• Choir Concert in Little Theater Mar. 1 at 7:00 p.m.

• ACT for Juniors Feb. 27

• Fashion for the Cure (haircuts during lunch) Feb. 23 at 7:00 p.m.

• Black History Month Assembly Feb. 23

Apple sells less for more

jlu

More stories from Jessica Lu

Race for Relay
February 15, 2018
Swimmers buy baby gifts
February 2, 2018
PRICE TAG. iPhone sales are down, but the money generated is greater than last quarter. There is a multitude of factors that can explain the flat lining sales and the resulting increase in price. Some say that the already smartphone-heavy era diminishes the need for the newest phone while others say that rumors about the iPhone 8 could have lead to decreased sales.

MCT Campus

MCT Campus

According to Apple’s second quarter earnings for iPhone sales, the company’s revenue has increased around one percent to $33.2 billion. Yet at 50.8 million iPhones sold, the unit sales have actually decreased.

This is due to Apple selling its iPhones for the highest price yet: $695. The Verge theorizes that the heftier price tag could be because consumers are less likely to purchase yearly upgrades, and Apple is pressured to come out with new, groundbreaking upgrades.

Another factor that could explain the decreased sales are the rumors circulating around about the iPhone 8.

“We’re seeing what we believe to be a pause in purchases of iPhone, which we believe is due to the earlier and much more frequent reports about future iPhones,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook to Steve Milunovich, UBS analyst, in a call.

The increased price of an iPhone would allow the company to focus less on selling more units per year because selling less for more would yield approximately the same end results.

“It seems like this is their way of making up the cost,” said Nandita Kulkarni, 10.

Nevertheless, some of the price can certainly be attributed to the cutting edge technology. The latest iPhones have more storage as well as upgrades in the iPhone plus products.

This year, luckily, has signaled a return to the company’s revenue growth from 2016’s decline.

“We are proud to report a strong March quarter, with revenue growth accelerating from the December quarter and continued robust demand for iPhone 7 Plus,” Cook said in a statement.

• Apple sells less for more

Students fight to make schools safe

• Apple sells less for more

Saudi Women’s rights lead to new experiences

• Apple sells less for more

Students save lives

• Apple sells less for more

Countries change for climate change

• Apple sells less for more

President Donald Trump’s visit to Blue Ash leaves mark on area

• Apple sells less for more

Portman makes first appearance with President

• Apple sells less for more

First lady visits Children’s, update on Hamilton County heroin

• Apple sells less for more

No school on Feb. 7

• Apple sells less for more

Trump, Renacci navigate indefinite relationship, race

• Apple sells less for more

Galleries

Students gather to share political views

Apple sells less for more