Artists paint emergence in society

Laurel Taylor, 11’s sculpture that was entered in the “Emerging Artist” exhibit. This is a chance for art students’ grades nine through 12 to get their art exposed to other people outside of their own high school. Both Taylor and Kathryn Roth, 12 participated in this unique opportunity. Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Rickert
Laurel Taylor, 11, sculpted a piece that was entered in the “Emerging Artist” exhibit. This is a chance for art students grades nine through 12 to get their art exposed to other people outside of their own high school. Both Taylor and Kathryn Roth, 12, participated in this unique opportunity. Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Rickert.

Laurel Taylor, 11 and Kathryn Roth, 12 had art exhibited in Columbus, Ohio at the “Emerging Artists” exhibit. This is sponsored by Ohio Art Education Association (OAEA). The show is for grades nine through twelve and is statewide. All media is accepted.

Mindy Staley, the state exhibition chair, said “The organization is pleased to recognize the talent as among the top in the state” during the event.

Mrs. Kathy Ferguson, the girls’ art teacher, submitted their work. She picked which artwork to send based on its quality and the dedication put in by the artist.

“I am very proud of these two young ladies. This is a state wide exhibit and to have their work included speaks volumes to their efforts and abilities,” said Ferguson.

Although neither of the girls nor Ferguson were actually able to be at the final day of the event, it was still a big step for these emerging artists.