Top 5 MMO

Guild Wars 2 is a wildly popular game since it had been released over a year ago. The makers of the game, Arena Net, have done a nice job keeping it updated for players. They have promised more content in the near future. Photo Courtesy of Ethan May
Guild Wars 2 is a wildly popular game since it was released over a year ago. The makers of the game, Arena Net, have done a nice job keeping it updated for players. They have promised more content in the near future. Photo Courtesy of Ethan May.

MMO: massively multiplayer online game

1.  Vindictus: As a free to play MMO Vindictus does not usually receive a lot of recognition. With the unique mouse button attacking system Vindictus is an MMO unlike many others. Vindictus does not flourish in roaming, it is focused more on missions and completing those missions.

2. Guild Wars 2: Guild Wars 2 has been one of the top MMOs since its release date over a year ago. Arena Net, the creators of the game, have done a great job giving players new and updated content frequently. GW2 really allows the players freedom to make their own choices and shape their own path.

3. Dragon Prophet: Dragon Prophet is a game that is currently in beta. The game features the one-two mouse button attacking system much like Vindictus allowing players to create combo moves for more powerful attacks. The beta is open and allows players to keep their in game progress when it switches from beta to game.

4. League of Legends: League is a huge MMO in today’s standards as a free to play MMO. It is largely strategy based as it allows players to pick a champion and team up with friend’s champions to try and defeat other teams.

5. World of Warcraft (WOW): It is very hard to create a top MMO list and not put WOW on it. WOW is one of the biggest MMOs by far as it seems to have huge numbers of people who follow it. Blizzard has done a great job updating and keeping up the game releasing huge new content packs. The main problem for most people is the price; it cost 15 dollars per month.