How to donate blood
April 13, 2015
Step-by-step donation process
- Sign Up! This can happen at lunch.Sixteen year olds must have a signed parent permission form. You will sign up for a designated time. The Student Council members should give you a card with your time on it. This will serve as your hall pass to the Gregory Center.
- On Friday April 17 you must bring a photo ID and a completed donor form. This must include your photo and date of birth.
- Drink lots of fluids. The more hydrated you are the better the experience will be.
- The Hoxworth staff will check your health and the donor form. Than they will set you up in a donor chair.
- The process of donation takes about ten minutes. The Hoxworth staff will be happy to help if you feel uneasy.
- When finished you will be led to a chair. The Student Council volunteers will give you the choice of several beverages and snacks. You must take at least one of each before returning to class. This ensures the best recovery possible.
- Must be at least 16 years old (16 year olds must have parent consent)
- Fulfill the chart (above) requirements
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have no fever, sore throat, flu-like symptoms or active cold symptoms
- A tattoo or body piercing must be at least 12 months old