Color Guard makes new friends over funnel cake

The band and color guard preformed at Anderson High School for a competition, an  Ohio Music Education Association affiliated event.

After many contests and practices the band and color guard finally got to put the whole show together. This was the first time they were able to show off all three movements.

After the show, the band was able to mix and mingle with other bands, as well as interact with old friends.

“It was very fun and busy, I met a lot of new friends. The food was good!” freshman Kate Willis said.

Food was another hot topic at this event. There was a variety of food choices, but the obvious choice was the funnel cake, some of the color guard waiting for 15 minutes for one!

“It was awesome! I met up with some close friends and had the best funnel cake, I totally recommend it!” freshman Natalie DeMarks said.

Much time and preparations were put into the three movements. The color guard and marching band takes much dedication, and an ability to juggle school work and other family activities.

“My weekend was busy, filled with school, band, and church. But it was fun!” sophomore Julia You said.

Good attitudes led to the feeling of accomplishment that is high on their shoulders as they pave their way to success.

Placing third in their class, along with an esteemed rating of one, which is the best rating out of five. This one is classified as a superior title.