New tables are a hit

Neil Yejjey

The new tables in the commons. It is only available to the upperclassmen. “i think its great to be rewarded for being the leaders in the building” Junior Rohan D’Souza said

Although they are not available to freshmen and sophomores, the new tables in the commons are a huge hit amongst the upperclassmen.  As they are only available to the upperclassmen, they have caused a decent amount of controversy among the underclassmen.

“I hate that we can’t sit in them, but it’s definitely something I’m looking forward to next year” sophomore Barry Daniels said.

Statements like these are common within the sophomore grade as there is only a little bit of time before they become juniors. However the tables cause a decent amount of nuisance for the freshman, who have quite a while to wait.

“I don’t think its fair that only the upperclassmen get to use them. I used to be able to sit anywhere and now I can only sit on one side for lunch,” freshman Rohith Gattu said.

Despite these opinions it is clear that the previously set rules will remain. But the tables will always be available to any student at some point in time.  It is clearly enjoyed by the upperclassmen and the underclassmen are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to sit in the new tables.