Dancers finish up season

Freshman+Riley+Krutz%2C+sophomore+Hannah+Young%2C+and+senior+Kathryn+Tenbarge+toe+touches+during+their+half+time+dance.+%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99ve+been+dancing+since+I+was+three+so+I+definitely+think+that+helps+me+pick+up+the+choreography+quickly.+Also%2C+I+am+JV+football+and+basketball+cheerleader+and+have+been+cheering+since+I+was+four%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Young.+Photo+courtesy+of+McDaniel%E2%80%99s+Photography.+

Freshman Riley Krutz, sophomore Hannah Young, and senior Kathryn Tenbarge toe touches during their half time dance. “I’ve been dancing since I was three so I definitely think that helps me pick up the choreography quickly. Also, I am JV football and basketball cheerleader and have been cheering since I was four,” said Young. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The Flyerettes dance team only has a couple more games left of the Varsity boys’ basketball season.

The dancers have performed at every home game alongside the Varsity cheerleaders.

“Performing with the cheerleaders is a lot of fun because I think our teams are very similar in that we are both rooting for the basketball players throughout  the game,” freshman Gabi Davis said.

At the games the girls perform three times. Those dances include their pre-game dance, their pom sideline routine, and their halftime jazz hip hop combo.

Once the basketball season ends the girls will have to start looking forward to next season which begins with recruiting new team members. Last season the dancers lost 12 members due to seniors graduating but this year they will only loose three seniors.

“We’re hoping to have a larger team for next season because we won’t be losing as many girls as we did last year,” sophomore Hannah Young said.

Tryouts for the team will be in late April or early May. No prior dance experience is needed to be on the team.