Baseball team hits the weight room

Chris Shrimpton, Varsity baseball coach, along with the other JV and freshmen baseball coaches will be attending weight lifting to get a good idea of the kids who show up.

As the end of the fall sports season comes to an abrupt end, baseball players will begin weight training. Conditioning will begin in Dec. Tryouts will be held at the end of Feb.
Mark Tenenholtz, 12 pitches during the 2013 spring season. As the end of the fall sports season comes to an abrupt end, baseball players will begin weight training. Conditioning will begin in Dec. Tryouts will be held at the end of Feb.

Weight lifting began on Nov. 4. The drills consist of benching, curls with a dumbbell and bodybuilding with te use of free weights.

“Personally, I love to work out, it makes me feel good about my body,” said Nick Wade, 9.

All of the weight training will build muscle along with endurance. Along with weight training, conditioning will begin in the middle of Dec.

“Over the course of the five months that we condition, I could definitely see a difference in my muscles,” said Drake Heureman, 11.

Weight lifting will be on Mon., Wed., and Fri., while conditioning will be Tues., and Thurs. beginning in Dec.

Last season, JV held the best record compared to Varsity and freshmen. As the season approaches, the teams will play at their highest level and will try to compete with Mason and Hamilton for the top spots.

The varsity team finished with the worst record in the GMC. They had a five and eighteen record and were looking up to first place Mason who finished with a 26 and one record.

“Hopefully this season we can string some wins together and go into the playoffs on a high note,” said Grant Price, 12.

For more information on varsity baseball, please click here.