• Sophomores and juniors start school August 16

• Freshman and seniors go back to school August 15

Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Madeline Marsh

THIS IS NIDHI KANCHAN’S FIRST year in the Writing Club. Kanchan said she joined because “we don’t really get many opportunities to write what we want, on any topic, in a regular English class because all assessments are usually limited to analytic writing.” The club hopes that students will feel they can share their ideas and writings in a safe environment and receive constructive feedback. Photo Courtesy of: Maddie Marsh

This is Nidhi Kanchan’s first year in the Writing Club. “We don’t really get many opportunities to write what we want, on any topic, in a regular English class because all assessments are usually limited to analytic writing,” said Kanchan. The club hopes that students will feel they can share their ideas and writings in a safe environment and receive constructive feedback. Photo Courtesy of Maddie Marsh.

Pencils up, heads down. Usually this is used in regards to school work, but this is also being practiced with more affability at Writer’s Club.

Every Monday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., the Writer’s Club meets to write, share, and critique each other’s work.  Freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors alike enjoy talking and working with fellow writers.

“My friend has been going there since last year and wanted me to join her. I joined because I live to write poems and short stories,” said Nidhi Kanchan, 10.

Each year, the Writing Club comes out with a little book, featuring the members’ short stories, poems, or other forms of literature.

Not only are they planning on publishing that, but they are to receive a page on SHSleaf.com to feature their writings. This will be found on the home page of SHSleaf.com in the future.

The Writing Club is to have a Prose/Pros at Panera in the near future. This will be a meeting held on Monday in lieu of the usual after school meeting. It will be held at Panera where students may trade and share some of their work that they wish to have feedback on.

Also, November is a busy month for many writers. The Writer’s Club is considering offering prizes to those who decide to participate in the NaNoWriMo competition.

For updates on the Writer’s Club, keep checking the SHSleaf website. For students interested in joining Writer’s Club, it is never too late to join. There is a small fee of $5, and the club meets in the teacher’s lounge every Monday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Snacks are provided.

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

AP Lang students flip the last page

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Skyline includes diverse range of staff members

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Band plays at graduation

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Seniors celebrate end of year, exploring the grad party tradition

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Students find summer fun in Cincinnati

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Seniors walk towards graduation

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Staff shakes up school culture

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Young Journalists

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Sophomores challenge themselves through debates

• Getting INKed: Writer’s Club

Respect your Mother (Earth)

Getting INKed: Writer’s Club