Obama administration calls for limit in standardized tests

According+to+universal+standardized+testing%2C+US+was+ranked+as+the+17th+most+educational+country+in+the+world.+Finland%2C+South+Korea%2C+Hong+Kong%2C+Japan%2C+and+Singapore+dominate+the+ranking.++Study+findings+report+that+students+from+other+countries+are+outpacing+US%2C+and+the+limit+of+national+standardized+testings+is+anticipated+to+raise+the+US+ranking.+

MCT Photo

According to universal standardized testing, US was ranked as the 17th most educational country in the world. Finland, South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore dominate the ranking. Study findings report that students from other countries are outpacing US, and the limit of national standardized testings is anticipated to raise the US ranking.

Examination is stressful for students. The Obama administration astonished the world on Oct.24 by urging schools to put a limit on standardized testing in schools.

Specifically, the administration has asked for students to be tested no more than two percent of their class instruction time.

Junior Umang Joshi said, “Standardized tests easily takes up days of school, and this is stressful to students. I hope this act proves to be beneficial to the education and the grades of students.”

This allows teachers to have more class instruction time, which is extremely beneficial for rigorous classes with content that must be taught at a fast pace to cover all content for AP tests.

Sophomore Luke Tenbarge said, “Reduction in standardized tests will probably allow students to have more time to review for AP tests and exams.”

While students around the nation are celebrating the Obama administration’s call for reduced testing, contemporaries are cautious of the consequences of what this act can lead to.

Michael J. Petrilli, the president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute told CNN, “There’s plenty of agreement that there’s too much testing; however, we have to be careful, as anything federal, that it doesn’t lead to unintentional consequences.”