Students thrilled to attend ‘Women in Technology’ conference

MCT Photo

The Women in Technology conference this year also used a website that will allow you to ask questions. Students will also work in groups to plan how they will solve a real life problem. The groups will be composed of students from various schools.

The females in the various computer science classes at the high school will be going to the 11th annual
‘Women in Technology’ conference presented by the INTERAlliance of Greater Cincinnati.
Women from all areas of Ohio will be attending the convention at the Cintas Center on Nov. 11.
There will be several sponsors to the conference including 5/3, AstraZeneca, Citi, GE, Great American Insurance, Kroger, P&G, and Western & Southern, along with Miami University, University of Cincinnati, and Xavier University.
Junior Allie Fanning said “I’m really excited to meet other women in computer science because I’m the only girl in my game programming and I want to meet other people with similar interests”
The conference is targeted to teenage students who are interested in IT fields and would like to learn more about computer related fields.

This is the itinerary for the conference:

08:00 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
08:45 a.m.
Welcome Comments, Tessa Wiedmann, UC Student, Ursuline Academy Graduate and past WIT attendee
09:00 a.m.
Keynote #1, Emily Morgan, Information Security
09:20 a.m.
Keynote #2, Chris Collins, UC Center for Simulation
09:40 a.m.
Break
09:55 a.m.
Keynote Q&A
10:45 a.m.
Team Challenge work time and Lunch
12:15 a.m.
Team Showcase
12:45 p.m.
College Panel
01:15 p.m.
Awards for the Team Challenge winners
01:25 p.m.
Closing Comments, Dominique DiFalco, InterAlliance
01:40 p.m.
Dismiss

Fanning said “I hope that we learn about how we can become better programmer and get to hear about what it is like for women to be in a field with so many guys.”