Swinging into rhythm

Pictured is: 5 Benjamin Peri, 31 Andrew Liff, far left Matthew Bolger. The team prepares to do a chant to hype themselves up for the game. Everyone on the team is very close to each other and treats each other like family. It is not about the wins or the losses, but about teamwork and camaraderie. Photo courtesy of: Benjamin Peri

Karev, Alexander Robert

Freshman boys basketball is bouncing straight into the season. After putting in hours before and after school working out and spending time at team conditioning, the boys went through tryouts.
Freshman Benjamin Peri said, “Tryouts were definitely a stressful thing to go through. Every upperclassman says that the most challenging tryouts are your freshman tryouts, and I can agree. However it was good because I got to show off my skills to the coaches.”
After starting the season with a solid two and two record (wins against Hamilton and Milford and losses to Middletown and Walnut Hills), the team is looking to improve Dec. 7, 2015 and get a win against the Mason team.
When asked about Mason and their team, Peri said, “I see this game, just as I see every game, as a team bonding experience. Yeah, it will be difficult to win tomorrow night [Dec. 8], but it is about the team and getting better every day. It is all just a process.”
Peri said, “We try our best each night and show how much we care for the Aviators! I love all of the guys. This is not just a team, it is a family.”

With the strong camaraderie between the players, it seems that the freshman boys basketball team is swinging into a rhythm that no one can stop.