Standardized testing throws off School

The College Board is certainly raking in the dough.  However the state certainly is not.  According  to a recent study, 1.1 billion dollars have been spent on standrardized testing as of 2008.

MCT Photo

The College Board is certainly raking in the dough. However the state certainly is not. According to a recent study, 1.1 billion dollars have been spent on standrardized testing as of 2008.

At SHS, schedules for all students and teachers were not normal. This was because on 10/14/2015, Freshmen through Juniors took standardized tests.
For seniors, no one had to go to school. Senior classmen were encouraged to visit colleges.
Computer Science Teacher Marvin Hoffert said,“Yesterday was crazy. My room was occupied by sophomores, and I had teachers in my room proctoring a test.”
Freshmen had to take the Aspire test. The Aspire test is the state-mandated standardized test for all underclassmen. Sophomores had the choice between the Aspire, and taking the PSAT. Juniors had to take the PSAT.
For Sophomores, taking the PSAT was a preview. For Juniors, this was a more urgent task. This was because their test results are used to determine whether they can qualify for National Merit.
Sophomore Matthew Isakson said, “It wasn’t as hard as I would’ve expected. I thought the Math part was a lot less hard than English.”
Senior Max Weiss, “I visited OSU. It is a beautiful campus.”