Dancing for the Long Road Ahead

The Flyerettes at the homecoming parade. They worked very hard on their two dances during homecoming. They are currently preparing for the basketball season. Photo courtesy: McDaniel’s Photography.
The Flyerettes at the homecoming parade. They worked very hard on their two dances during homecoming. They are currently preparing for the basketball season. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The Flyerettes have been working nonstop since August. Over the past couple weeks they have learned many new dances.

Last month they learned a new pom routine, with the theme of money. This dance is for competition and to perform at basketball games.

The freshmen on the team have been learning the side line dances to perform at the basketball games.  They will be dancing at every home basketball game before the game and during halftime.

Another thing that is coming up for the team is the UC game in November. They will be dancing at halftime at the basketball game. They will perform their new pom routine at the game.

The big thing they have on their mind, however, is a competition on Jan. 11 at Seton High School.

“I’m excited for competition, it makes us a stronger team, ” said Katie Pruitt, 12. Hopefully, the event will show off all of their hard work. The Flyerettes are working to become constantly better.