Come SEE1 great concert

Every+year%2C+SEE+1+complements+their+electric+performance+with+a+professional+light+show+a+guest+musical+professional.+This+year%2C+SEE1+invites+Joe+Deninzon%2C+the+lead+singer+of+the+band+Stratospheerius.+This+years+annual+concert+will+be+held+on+Feb.+19%2C+2016.+++

McDaniel's Photography

Every year, SEE 1 complements their electric performance with a professional light show a guest musical professional. This year, SEE1 invites Joe Deninzon, the lead singer of the band Stratospheerius. This year’s annual concert will be held on Feb. 19, 2016.

Where do high school orchestras, rock music and professional light displays come together? At the annual SEE1 concert on Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. in the SHS auditorium.

Sycamore Electric Ensemble, known as SEE1, is proud to be Cincinnati’s first high school electrical rock orchestra. Going strong since 2003, the group is composed of a wide variety of electric string instruments as well as traditional “garageband” instruments.

Junior Peter McCutcheon said, “SEE1 is really different from a lot of groups since we are classically trained musicians. The challenge with that is applying our knowledge of our instruments to unusual styles”

“As a group, one thing we work on especially is how to be a garage band. A garage band approaches a piece of music by how it sounds, and classical musicians approach tunes by how they look on paper.”

“My main role as captain is to be a second-in-command: I’ll answer questions, help keep everything running smoothly, typical captain stuff. I’m just really proud to be a part of it.”

Students get the opportunity to diversify their music repertoire while working with world-class musicians to hone their craft. The highly rated SHS orchestra program, has been conducted by David Smarelli for 26 years.

Smarelli’s curricular school orchestras have received local and statewide recognition by performing at numerous Ohio Music Education Association contests. They also have the opportunity to travel and compete at Disney World, Chicago and Washington D.C.

Every year SEE1 collaborates with a professional musician, who contributes their music and spirit to the show. Previously, they have hosted national fiddling champion Alex Depue, as well as Christian Howes, internationally know electric violinist and Emmy-winning composer.

This year SEE1 welcomes Joe Deninzon, lead singer and violinist for rock band Stratospheerius. Hailed by critics as “The Jimi Hendrix of the Violin,” he is also a member of Latin Jazz string quartet, Sweet Plantain, which tours extensively.

Sure to delight all audiences, SEE1 will be presenting hits by the Weekend, One Republic, Muse, classics by Led Zeppelin, Paul McCartney, Van Halen, and the Allman Brothers as well as some of Denonzon’s own music.

Freshman Morgan Schneider said, “SEE1 has been amazing and super fun. This group has helped me gain a better sense of rhythm in pieces, and helped me to improve my memory, since we have to memorize everything we play.”

You do not want to miss out on this amazing concert. Tickets can be purchased at lunch the week of the show, purchased online, or at the door.