Basketball season for the Flyerettes

The flyerettes ride in the homecoming parade. They are practicing two times a week to prepare for the basketball season. Preparing for their competition later this school year is also on their minds. Photo courtesy: McDaniel’s Photography
The flyerettes ride in the homecoming parade. They are practicing two times a week to prepare for the basketball season. Preparing for their competition later this school year is also on their minds. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The flyerettes are working toward the start of the basketball season. They will be performing their pom routine at every home game.

The team has been working hard for this over the past couple months. They will be at the first home game on Nov. 30 against Milford. “I’m excited for the basketball season to start,” said Carly Lefton, 12.

Other things coming up for them are team pictures and dancing at the UC basketball halftime show.

They are very excited for this opportunity.  The team has been working hard at practice to prepare for this.

The flyerettes along with the cheerleaders will be at every home game of this basketball season. Together they will keep everyone’s school spirit up, and work with the basketball players to make sure they win.

These next couple of months are very busy for this team. They have a lot on their minds right now and they are definitely feeling the pressure.

They will be showing off all of their hard work at these upcoming events.