Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat

Disney+has+officially+announced+the+release+of+the+fourth+High+School+Musical.+The+movie+is+to+premiere+a+little+over+a+year+from+now.+It+will+be+composed+of+an+entirely+new+cast+of+East+High+Wildcats+as+they+challenge+their+rivals+the+West+High+Knights.+

Elizabeth Rickert

Disney has officially announced the release of the fourth High School Musical. The movie is to premiere a little over a year from now. It will be composed of an entirely new cast of East High Wildcats as they challenge their rivals the West High Knights.

It has been ten years since the premiere of “High School Musical”, and eight since “High School Musical 3” graced theaters. In 2009, Disney announced that a “High School Musical 4” script was already in the making but it was not until Mar. 1 that an official press release announced the new movie.

“’High School Musical’ is part of Disney Channel’s DNA. It embodies all that we stand for,” said Disney Channels Worldwide President and Chief Creative Officer Gary Marsh in a statement. “As a way of continuing to embrace that heritage, we’re excited to announce ‘the start of something new’ — as we launch a search for a new class of East High Wildcats to star in a fourth installment of the High School Musical franchise.”

As wonderful as this is, there is a huge catch. The movie is going to be set with a new cast of East High Wildcats and West High Knights meaning none of the old cast will be in the movie. Disney is working to recast the movie now. Click here to find out how you can be a wildcat.

Senior Leila Kazemi said, “I have such mixed feelings about this. I adore ‘High School Musical’ but I’m concerned that Disney is going to ruin a beautiful thing especially since it will be a different director, choreographer, and cast.”

The new director and choreographer has been announced as Jeffery Hornaday. Hornaday is most known for his films “Teen Beach Movie” and “Teen Beach Movie 2”. He has also directed “Geek Charming” and “Shout”.

According to Disney, the movie will not come out for at least another year.

Sophomore Elayna Berry said, “I can’t believe it’s going to take over a year for the movie to come out. I have such high expectations that I’m worried I’ll be disappointed.”