Students ‘Bring It On!’

Yasmine Guedira

The students have been rehearsing for nearly two months to put on ‘Bring It On!’ The show has complex choreography lighing and set changes that are all run by students. Students are excited to finally put on the show.

Since February of this year, Aves Theatre has been working on the spring musical Bring It On the Musical.

The musical, based on the movie of two competing high school cheerleading squads, incorporates sophisticated dance and tumbling.

Sophomore Emma Smith said, “I have been tumbling for seven years, and it has been so fun getting back into it and performing it in a show.”

Aves Theatre puts on a wide variety of shows, exploring all different kinds of genres of music and style, from classical pieces such as Twelfth Night and Grease to modern hits like West Side Story.

Sophomore Katie Staffiera said, “The show is really fun and geared toward younger audiences, so I hope everyone comes and sees it.”

Students have the opportunity to immerse themselves with opportunities onstage as well as positions in the technical aspects of theatre such as costumes, lighting, and set construction.

Freshman Sarah Guedira said, “I am really excited for the school to see all the hard work we put into the show. Bring It On is not a traditional musical.”

Every year, Aves Theatre puts on an Improv Show, fall and winter plays, a spring musical, and a summer show.

Guedira said, “I have been coming to see the high school shows for years before joining, and I remember being so amazed. Being part of the program and seeing how everything works is so cool.”

Bring In On! will be performed on April 8,9,15 and 16 at 7:30 in the auditorium. Tickets will be available at lunch the week preceding the show and on avestheatre.org.