Q&A with Jory Gould about end of high school

Senior+Jory+Gould+competes+in+a+freestyle+event.+Gould+swam+Varsity+for+all+four+years+of+high+school+and+was+a+member+of+the+Varsity+water+polo+team+since+her+freshman+year.+Gould+was+recently+admitted+into+the+3%2C000-+point+club+along+with+six+other+seniors.+

Photo courtesy of McDaniels' Photography

Senior Jory Gould competes in a freestyle event. Gould swam Varsity for all four years of high school and was a member of the Varsity water polo team since her freshman year. Gould was recently admitted into the 3,000- point club along with six other seniors.

Q: How do you feel about your high school career coming to an end?
A: It is definitely a bittersweet feeling. I am proud of everything that I have accomplished in high school and I will definitely miss my friends, but I feel ready to go to college and I am very excited for the future.
Q: How do you think that senior year went?
A: I had an amazing senior year. I thought that our class had a lot of school spirit, and I really felt a connection to my classmates and the school.
Q: What was your favorite moment in high school?
A: It is really hard to focus in on one moment. I would say all the successes that I shared with my water polo and swim teammates were probably moments that I will never forget. The team was really like a family.
Q: What do you think is the most valuable lesson that you have learned in high school?
A: Time management. Between school, sports and homework, I really had to learn how to effectively balance everything going on in my life. I learned that it is important to not spread yourself too thin.
Q: What are your plans for the summer before you leave?
A: I am going to be swimming with my club team and hanging out with my friends. Also, I will be getting ready to go to college and packing and all of that stuff.