Girls water polo swims for state

Abigail+Hausefeld%2C+11+looks+to+release+the+ball+after+making+a+save.+Hausefeld+plays+for+the+club+water+polo+team+Moose+Water+Polo+in+the+off+season.+She+is+interested+in+continuing+her+playing+at+the+collegiate+level.+

McDaniel’s Photography

Abigail Hausefeld, 11 looks to release the ball after making a save. Hausefeld plays for the club water polo team Moose Water Polo in the off season. She is interested in continuing her playing at the collegiate level.

The culmination of the girls water polo teams season is the Ohio high school state tournament. It is the final opportunity for the teams to compete and attempt to win the acclaimed title of state champions.

“Having a state tournament drives us to be the best we can be, to push ourselves to that next degree of intensity and competition,” said Jessen Link, coach.

The tournament will be held on Oct. 22 at Princeton High School. The team has a seed ranking of sixth, which is based on their performance throughout the season. The rankings of all of the teams in Ohio are as follows:
1. Upper Arlington high school
2. Napoleon high school
3. Milford high school
4. Mason high school
5. Thomas Worthington high school
6. Sycamore high school
7. Cincinnati Mavericks
8. Princeton high school
9. Kilbourne high school
10. Columbus Hawks
11. Columbus St. Ursula high school
12. Sylvania high school

“We are really starting to inhabit our goals for this season: control the game and see the entire pool. The only thing that could prevent us from advancing is ourselves, and I am incredibly confident in our ability to succeed,” said Link.

The team has a current record of 12-13 and are working to make it to the state championship final.

“I think as a team we’re just now clicking and getting our groove. It will definitely show at the end of our season at state,” said Grace Mather, 12.