Student Council funds fun

KAPLOW! Pep rallies, which are all organized by the Student Council, usually are well-received by everyone. Everybody can be seen rejoicing in the spirit of SHS, getting energized and excited. The Ave Cave gets rowdy for the night’s game. Photo courtesy of: McDaniel’s Photography.

McDaniels' Photography

The Student Council provides fun events through the year, however, it can be extremely difficult to try to plan out all of them.

“We have to split up into committees and do different genres or sections of homecoming and other events, which can be difficult at times because you have to work with people you don’t always like,” said Sushobith Vadrevu, 10.

When it is all said and done, Student Council helps plan and organize roughly 20 events in the year. With all of these events happening, the council needs money to make them possible.

“In the end though, Student Council is really fun because you get to meet so many new people and it helps build your leadership skills,” Vadrevu said.

The Student Council is extremely important in helping plan and organize events, which gives students the enjoyment of going to them.

“In order to raise money for all of the events that we do, we do fundraisers for prom and other events during the school year like car washes or going to local restaurants,” Vadrevu said.