• Sophomores and juniors start school August 16

• Freshman and seniors go back to school August 15

Filed under Sports

Madness marches on

THREE, TWO, ONE.  UNC takes down Kentucky in the elite eight.  This was a very close game that came down to game changing seconds.  UNC ultimately played the better game as they spring ahead to the final four.

THREE, TWO, ONE. UNC takes down Kentucky in the elite eight. This was a very close game that came down to game changing seconds. UNC ultimately played the better game as they spring ahead to the final four.

MCT Photo

MCT Photo

The NCAAB tournament approaches the final game as the UNC Tarheels, Oregon Ducks, Gonzaga Bulldogs, and the USC Gamecocks proceed to the final four. UNC and Gonzaga are the only two rank one teams left.

Kansas and Villanova, the 2016 Champion, were the other two teams looking to do the best in the tournament.

Kansas was kicked out by Oregon in the elite eight while Wisconsin pulled off a huge upset against Villanova during the round of 32.

“The Wisconsin vs Villanova game was ridiculous and definitely hurt most people’s brackets,” said Youngbin Lee, 10.

USC finished off the Florida Gators in the elite eight. Also in the elite eight, Oregon beat Kansas, Gonzaga knocked out Xavier, and UNC finished off Kentucky in a nail biter that came down to the final seconds.

All of these games altered many brackets at Sycamore High School as well as the rest of the U.S.

“My bracket, along with most Sycamore students, is not very good after all that has happened,” said Luke Huffer, 11.

One of the craziest moments we have seen this tournament is the ending of the game in the sweet sixteen between the Gators and the Wisconsin Badgers.

Mike Chiozza hit a thrilling three as the clock hit 0.6 seconds in overtime. This put the Gators up by one and sent them to the elite eight. The shot was a pull-up from a sprint down the court and looked more like a floater than a three.

“The game winning three for Florida was crazy and it was super cool to see that game,” said Patrick Eigel, 10.

• Madness marches on

Sports

Girls lacrosse faces old rival

• Madness marches on

Sports

Track relays continue to compete

• Madness marches on

Sports

Tennis individuals head into state

• Madness marches on

Sports Galleries

Track season wraps up

• Madness marches on

Sports Galleries

Seniors recognized for sports, 3,000 point club

• Madness marches on

Sports Galleries

JV Lacrosse takes on LaSalle

• Madness marches on

Sports

Tennis gets into gear

• Madness marches on

Sports

Cincinnati teams play in March Madness

• Madness marches on

Sports

Bowling season rolls out with Weitz at state

• Madness marches on

Sports

Winter track crosses finish line

Madness marches on