• Choir Concert Dec. 7, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

• Orchestra Concert at Junior High Dec. 6, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

• No School Nov. 22-24 - Thanksgiving Break

• Craft Show Nov. 18, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Filed under Sports

Madness marches on

THREE, TWO, ONE.  UNC takes down Kentucky in the elite eight.  This was a very close game that came down to game changing seconds.  UNC ultimately played the better game as they spring ahead to the final four.

THREE, TWO, ONE. UNC takes down Kentucky in the elite eight. This was a very close game that came down to game changing seconds. UNC ultimately played the better game as they spring ahead to the final four.

MCT Photo

MCT Photo

The NCAAB tournament approaches the final game as the UNC Tarheels, Oregon Ducks, Gonzaga Bulldogs, and the USC Gamecocks proceed to the final four. UNC and Gonzaga are the only two rank one teams left.

Kansas and Villanova, the 2016 Champion, were the other two teams looking to do the best in the tournament.

Kansas was kicked out by Oregon in the elite eight while Wisconsin pulled off a huge upset against Villanova during the round of 32.

“The Wisconsin vs Villanova game was ridiculous and definitely hurt most people’s brackets,” said Youngbin Lee, 10.

USC finished off the Florida Gators in the elite eight. Also in the elite eight, Oregon beat Kansas, Gonzaga knocked out Xavier, and UNC finished off Kentucky in a nail biter that came down to the final seconds.

All of these games altered many brackets at Sycamore High School as well as the rest of the U.S.

“My bracket, along with most Sycamore students, is not very good after all that has happened,” said Luke Huffer, 11.

One of the craziest moments we have seen this tournament is the ending of the game in the sweet sixteen between the Gators and the Wisconsin Badgers.

Mike Chiozza hit a thrilling three as the clock hit 0.6 seconds in overtime. This put the Gators up by one and sent them to the elite eight. The shot was a pull-up from a sprint down the court and looked more like a floater than a three.

“The game winning three for Florida was crazy and it was super cool to see that game,” said Patrick Eigel, 10.

• Madness marches on

Sports

Lady Ave swimmers plunge into new season

• Madness marches on

Sports

Running away from times

• Madness marches on

Sports

Athletes sign on futures

• Madness marches on

Sports

Sycamore advances in playoffs, to play St. X this week

• Madness marches on

Sports

Fall sports wrap up season

• Madness marches on

Sports

Swimmers dive into tryouts

• Madness marches on

Sports

Boys shoot, score

• Madness marches on

Sports

Football reaches fourth quarter

• Madness marches on

Sports

Team atmosphere replaces solitude in individual sports

• Madness marches on

Sports

Kick It for MS meets with president of society

Madness marches on