‘If the shoe fits’

Students perform Libra in Columbus

+The+marching+band+performs+Libra+at+OSU%E2%80%99s+stadium.+Following+their+performance%2C+the+group+received+personal+comments+from+the+marching+band+director+at+the+school.+In+addition%2C+a+student+in+OSU%E2%80%99s+marching+band+answered+questions+and+gave+information+about+the+program.+Photo+courtesy+of+McDaniel%E2%80%99s+Photography.+

McDaniel’s Photography

The marching band performs Libra at OSU’s stadium. Following their performance, the group received personal comments from the marching band director at the school. In addition, a student in OSU’s marching band answered questions and gave information about the program. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The Ohio State Marching Band is known nationwide for both their musical and technical abilities and is a ticket of inspiration for many marching high schoolers.

On Oct. 14, the marching band attended The Buckeye Invitational sponsored by the by the Ohio Music Education Association (OMEA) and hosted at the Ohio State Horseshoe.

The Shoe as it is known, is third-largest U.S. stadium and can hold up to 104,944 people, leading to an experience much grander and larger for students used to marching on high school level fields.

In addition, the group received personal remarks from Christopher Hoch, the marching band director at Ohio State, while watching a video of their performance.

Students were asked to reflect on elements that they thought went well and elements that they would like to improve as the season progresses.

At awards, the band qualified for OMEA State Finals in addition to receiving a superior rating.

The band’s next performance is on Oct. 21 at William Mason High School, the event is sponsored by the  Mid-States Band Association (MSBA).