Q&A with Elli Gibson, 11, about plans over break

Beat 12.18.13 pic
If you dream of winding through the pristine forest-lined passageways of the Canadian Rockies, or embarking on a coast to coast rail adventure, this type of excursion is one of the most memorable. Rather than dealing with the expenses of air travel, going by train is more cost efficient and a great way to experience a country by its geography. Image by Taylor Evans.

Q: What are you doing during winter break?

A: My family and I are going to Canada for the majority of break.

Q: How long will you be in Canada?

A: We’ll be there for a total of ten days.

Q: Is this your first time out of the country?

A: Yes.  My brother and I are really excited.  We got our passports last year and now we finally get to use them.  I wanted to go on the Euro trip last year, but volleyball conflicted with the trip days.  So now this will be my first time out of the country.

Q: What are you going to do in Canada?

A: We’re taking a train tour all around the country.  We’ll stop in major cities like Montreal, Quebec, and Toronto.  Our last stop will be at a lodge and we’ll stay there for a few days.  Also, we’re going to go dog sledding and snow mobiling.  It’ll be so much fun.

Q: What are you most excited about?

A:  I’m excited about everything, but mostly I’m really eager to explore the cities, relax, and really experience and completely new environment.

Q: Do you or will you have homework over break?

A: Yes, I have a research paper in APUSH, and a catapult for physics, but I’m going to try to get it all done before I leave.  When I’m on vacation, I really want to relax and not worry about school work.

For more information trips like this, click here.