• SHS report cards distributed April 2

• Student Council Color Run April 6 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

• Spring Break March 18-22

Filed under Feature

Senioritis takes over

SLEEP+IS+NOT+THE+ANSWER.+It+is+hard+to+not+sleep+during+school+and+class.+But+it+is+time+to+finish+off+the+year+strong.+%E2%80%9CThis+has+probably+been+the+hardest+quarter+yet%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Brecka+Banner%2C+12.+

Senioritis takes over

SLEEP IS NOT THE ANSWER. It is hard to not sleep during school and class. But it is time to finish off the year strong. “This has probably been the hardest quarter yet,” said Brecka Banner, 12.

Claire Myers

Claire Myers

Claire Myers

It is the end of the school year, and that means it is almost time for graduation for most seniors. Many seniors are planning their summer breaks and preparing for college. It is the beginning of a new time for most students.

This can cause problems for people, however. Seniors cannot help it, but they get what is best known as “senioritis.” Seniors stop doing assignments, sleep less than they already do, have no motivation, and sit as they watch their grades slowly decline.

“We are a product of our surroundings, and when one student has senioritis, we all have senioritis,” said Jeremy Pletz, 12.

Most students follow what they see their peers doing. If no one is doing the work, then they wonder why they should have to do it too. Some say that even underclassmen lose motivation by the end of the year.

“I think all students have senioritis. You just get to a point, and you stop fighting it,” said Connor McGowan, 12.

Having senioritis can cause problems. If it gets bad enough, some colleges may even reconsider acceptances. It is important to make small goals throughout the last half of the year, especially for seniors, so that mistakes will not happen.

“I have not opened my backpack in almost a month besides at school,” said Madi Ringer, 12.

Let us try to make the best of this last quarter of school.

• Senioritis takes over

Future lawyers look to appeal

• Senioritis takes over

Senior prepares for future

• Senioritis takes over

Snow day decisions: behind the scenes

• Senioritis takes over

Senior reflects on impressive internship with university

• Senioritis takes over

What do you know?

• Senioritis takes over

F is for ‘fractivism’

• Senioritis takes over

The Lynx Project: Behind the Scenes

• Senioritis takes over

The story behind the poem

• Senioritis takes over

Samieva places first in fashion competition

• Senioritis takes over

Students take on Perfect North

Senioritis takes over