Adaptive PE plans Field Day

FUN+IN+THE+SUN.+Students+enjoy+a+water+station+at+last+year%E2%80%99s+Adaptive+PE+Field+Day.+This+event+would+not+be+possible+without+help+from+volunteers.+If+interested+in+volunteering+at+the+event%2C+please+contact+Mrs.+Paula+Anstaett.+

Paula Anstaett

FUN IN THE SUN. Students enjoy a water station at last year’s Adaptive PE Field Day. This event would not be possible without help from volunteers. If interested in volunteering at the event, please contact Mrs. Paula Anstaett.

With May just around the corner, preparations are being made for the Adaptive PE Field Day for the entire district.

The Field Day will take place on Thurs., May 10 at the Blue Ash Recreation Center. The rain date will be May 11.

Students will leave for the Recreation Center at approximately 8:45 a.m. and will return at approximately 1:30 p.m.

Adaptive PE Field Day is designed to help students with various limitations enjoy a day of activities and fun with peers.

Senior Lily Steward participated last year and plans to again this year.

“I really like seeing the kids happy and having fun,” Steward said.

The day is enjoyable for all involved, including volunteers.

“[Field Day] is a really nice day for all involved,” Steward said.

Volunteers are needed by Mrs. Paula Anstaett to set up stations, run the stations, and, of course, have fun interacting with students. The day also includes a picnic lunch.

There is no cost, but there is a required permission slip to take part in Field Day.

There are many exciting moments, but some stick with the volunteers even after the event.

“My favorite part is seeing the kids smile,” Steward said.

If you are interested in joining, please contact Anstaett at anstaettp@sycamoreschools.org or grab forms from outside of her door, located in the athletic office hallway.