• Senior Halloween Oct. 26

• Picture re-take day Oct. 17

• Grease Oct. 26-27 and Nov. 2-3 tickets $10 online $12 at the door

Filed under News

Future educators rise

FUTURE+EDUCATORS.+From+all+over+the+country+students+are+coming+to+compete+in+over+20+different+competitions.+Students+are+excited+and+ready+for+the+challenge.+
FUTURE EDUCATORS. From all over the country students are coming to compete in over 20 different competitions. Students are excited and ready for the challenge.

Jody Googins

Jody Googins

Five students from SHS’s Teachers Professions Academy (TPA) are heading to Orlando, Florida this summer for Educators Rising nationals.

Student’s competed in state’s at the end of March and the top five finalists from each category are headed to nationals.

Sycamore has students competing in lesson plan and delivery (humanities and arts), researching learning challenges, public speaking, and exploring careers (non-core subjects).

Competitors are Aedan Williams, 11, Aria Oliver, 11, Josh Williams, 11, Kate Willis, 12, and Claire Myers, 12.

“I am so excited for nationals this year! I went to Phoenix, Arizona for nationals last year and I had a blast! But, I am quite nervous about my competition,” said Willis, TPA President.

Students will be in Orlando from June 20-25. They will take a one day break and go to Disney World.

“It was amazing to meet many new future educators from all over the country! I know if I practice my speech enough I will do just fine. I can not wait to spend time in Disney – a well deserved celebration!” Willis said.

Competitors are nervous but excited for the challenge and excitement it will bring.

“This is our fourth time going to nationals! Our students have done great in the past and I think these students are going to compete well, too. Outside of the competitions, there is so much that they can learn at this conference,” said Mrs. Jody Googins, TPA Teacher.

To learn more about nationals, visit the Educators Rising website.

• Future educators rise

Homecoming spirit week poll results

• Future educators rise

Seniors prepare to serve

• Future educators rise

Early bird gets worm: applying early to college

• Future educators rise

Sycamore soars high

• Future educators rise

City relabels controversial holiday

• Future educators rise

Cosby sentenced three to ten years

• Future educators rise

Cincinnati aids Florence survivors

• Future educators rise

U4U makes it rain

• Future educators rise

Students ace the PSAT by practicing

• Future educators rise

Spacex invites first passenger to moon

Future educators rise