• Fashion for the Cure Feb. 15 6:30 p.m.

• Blood Drive Feb 15 6:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in the Gregory Center

• Cabaret Feb. 9 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Filed under News

Future educators rise

FUTURE+EDUCATORS.+From+all+over+the+country+students+are+coming+to+compete+in+over+20+different+competitions.+Students+are+excited+and+ready+for+the+challenge.+

Future educators rise

FUTURE EDUCATORS. From all over the country students are coming to compete in over 20 different competitions. Students are excited and ready for the challenge.

Jody Googins

Jody Googins

Jody Googins

Five students from SHS’s Teachers Professions Academy (TPA) are heading to Orlando, Florida this summer for Educators Rising nationals.

Student’s competed in state’s at the end of March and the top five finalists from each category are headed to nationals.

Sycamore has students competing in lesson plan and delivery (humanities and arts), researching learning challenges, public speaking, and exploring careers (non-core subjects).

Competitors are Aedan Williams, 11, Aria Oliver, 11, Josh Williams, 11, Kate Willis, 12, and Claire Myers, 12.

“I am so excited for nationals this year! I went to Phoenix, Arizona for nationals last year and I had a blast! But, I am quite nervous about my competition,” said Willis, TPA President.

Students will be in Orlando from June 20-25. They will take a one day break and go to Disney World.

“It was amazing to meet many new future educators from all over the country! I know if I practice my speech enough I will do just fine. I can not wait to spend time in Disney – a well deserved celebration!” Willis said.

Competitors are nervous but excited for the challenge and excitement it will bring.

“This is our fourth time going to nationals! Our students have done great in the past and I think these students are going to compete well, too. Outside of the competitions, there is so much that they can learn at this conference,” said Mrs. Jody Googins, TPA Teacher.

To learn more about nationals, visit the Educators Rising website.

• Future educators rise

Fashion for the Cure live stream

• Future educators rise

Students shave heads for awareness, hair donation

• Future educators rise

Welcome to the future

• Future educators rise

Relationship between news and Black History Month: the good, the bad, the ugly

• Future educators rise

Teen-friendly recap of the State of the Union Address

• Future educators rise

SHS Robotics Team advances to State

• Future educators rise

No school Feb. 1

• Future educators rise

No school Jan. 31

• Future educators rise

No school Jan. 30

• Future educators rise

Covington Catholic incident creates uncertainty

Future educators rise