• Senior Halloween Oct. 26

• Picture re-take day Oct. 17

• Grease Oct. 26-27 and Nov. 2-3 tickets $10 online $12 at the door

Filed under Feature, Showcase

Students find summer fun in Cincinnati

DONUTS+GALORE.+When+traveling+the+donut+trail%2C+adventurers+can+find+some+very+creative+donuts.+There+are+Reese%E2%80%99s%2C+Fruity+Pebble%2C+and+even+cheesecake+donuts.+If+an+adventurer+were+to+go+to+each+required+donut+shop%2C+then+they+would+end+up+buying+11+donuts%21+Thankfully%2C+there+is+not+a+limit+to+the+amount+of+time+for+completing+the+trail%2C+so+someone+could+finish+it+in+a+day+or+even+a+year.++
DONUTS GALORE. When traveling the donut trail, adventurers can find some very creative donuts. There are Reese’s, Fruity Pebble, and even cheesecake donuts. If an adventurer were to go to each required donut shop, then they would end up buying 11 donuts! Thankfully, there is not a limit to the amount of time for completing the trail, so someone could finish it in a day or even a year.

Tribune News Services

Tribune News Services

It is not uncommon to hear SHS students complain that Cincinnati is boring. Maybe, at first glance, Cincinnati appears that way; if they look a little bit harder, they may find that The Queen City has a lot to offer. What better time to enjoy this city than during summer?

Butler County donut trail

The donut trail is a collection of 12 different donut shops, which are all locally owned. When traveling the donut trail, adventurers are supposed to bring their Donut Trail Passport.

Each shop will put a stamp in it. Once travelers have visited the 11 required shops (The Oxford Donut Shop is optional) then they will receive a donut trail shirt.

One benefit of the shirt is that trial stores give discounts to those who wear it.

Museums

Museums have a reputation for being boring… but Cincinnati offers so many that there is bound to be one that appeals to each individual’s interests.

Cincinnati has multiple art museums- there is the Cincinnati Art Museum (CAM), the Taft Museum, and the Contemporary Arts Center. Over the summer, CAM is having an exhibit that showcases art from the era of the first Chinese emperor.

There is the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center (NURFC).

“Our mission is to reveal stories of freedom’s heroes, from the era of the Underground Railroad to contemporary times, challenging and inspiring everyone to take courageous steps of freedom today,” according to the NURFC’s website.

They are having multiple events over the summer. One on June 20 is a series of speakers who will talk about what it is like to be a Bhutanese refugee.

Finally, for sports lovers, there is the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory as well as the Red’s Hall of Fame and Museum.

Hiking

Ohio has some very beautiful trails- Hocking Hills is known to be gorgeous; however, many of the well known spots are a fairly long drive.

Not as far, Cincinnati has some lesser known, but still beautiful trails. The Cincinnati Nature Center in Milford has 16 miles worth of trails. There is also the Caldwell Nature Preserve which offers a 2.7 mile nature loop.

There are others in Ault Park, Mt. Airy Forest, and Withrow Nature Preserve, in addition to more.

• Students find summer fun in Cincinnati

Climate change, natural disasters possibly related

Are the Reds losing fans?

Teaching of speech-ing

Astronomy Club parties under stars

Do you know what is on Oct. 2?

Chinese Club flies kites at Miami

National Honor Society attracts new prospects

New basket brings dignity to menstruation

Yoga Club helps students destress

JSA club comes to life

Students find summer fun in Cincinnati