• HS Graduation May 19, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

• Last Day of School, May 23

• AP Exams May 6-10 and 13-17

Filed under Feature, Showcase

SBOB marches toward Tag Day

SBOB marches toward Tag Day

KNOCK KNOCK. With the school year just starting, Tag Day is quickly approaching. When SBOB students knock on your door they will not take too much of your time and hope you will consider all of the benefits your donation will create for the students. “Tag Day is a great fundraiser and one way of giving back to the band. It really benefits everyone in the band and orchestra program and it doesn’t take up a lot of time in the day,” said Anna Cummins, 12.

Kirsten Thomas

Kirsten Thomas

Kirsten Thomas

The 60th annual Sycamore Band and Orchestra Boosters (SBOB) Tag Day is quickly approaching.

On Aug. 25, SBOB students will be going door to door to ask community members for financial support.

“Tag Day is a great fundraiser for the music program and couldn’t be done without the generous, well-appreciated donations of our amazing community,” said Jeicy Hernandez Baquero, 12.

The band and orchestra students at Sycamore Jr. High and SHS are asked to participate. Parent volunteers are also involved, transporting and supervising students throughout the day.

Students go door to door in assigned areas and ask community members for a financial contribution.

In return for their donation, the community member is listed as a patron in band and orchestra programs.

Tag Day benefits SBOB programs financially, but also the relationships of those involved.

“[Tag Day] not only helps out the music program but brings many students together,” Hernandez Baquero said.

Students experience first hand how much Tag Day benefits their music programs.

“We benefit [from Tag Day] because we use the money to buy new stands, fix the school instruments and fund music related things at school,” said Alexandra Albrecht, 12.

If your door is knocked on, consider supporting your friends who are involved in band or orchestra at SHS.

Click here for more information. 

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Adaptive PE closes out the school year

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Hitting into the Major League

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Last Minute Mother’s Day

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Fourth graders write

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Gov. DeWine pays visit to SHS

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Science fair season culminates in international qualification

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Conservation reaches SHS

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

SHS celebrates stellar ACT scores

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Sincerely, your Seniors

• SBOB marches toward Tag Day

Marching band makes magic

SBOB marches toward Tag Day