Sycamore Orchestra Winter Concert nears

Playing to their fullest. The Sycamore high School orchestra anxiously awaits their performance. Admission  to the event is free.
Playing to their fullest. The SHS orchestra anxiously awaits their performance. Admission to the event is free. Photo courtesy Rajesh Kapoor.

The concert is quickly approaching on Thurs. Dec. 10 at 7:00 p.m. This is the biggest concert of the year and features grades five through 12.

Admission is free to the event and public is welcome. CD’s are also available for purchase after the concert.

The concerts starts from the fifth grade who play pieces including “Jingle bells” and works up to the high school orchestra and symphony orchestra.

The concert is run by both Mr. David Smarelli and Ms. Gale Castle. Smarelli conducts grades five, and seven through 12. Castle directs grades five and six.

The concert also ends with a finale piece which incorporates all the orchestra students. The Sycamore Electric Ensemble is featured in the piece.

The piece chosen this year is “Live or let die.” Students from grades 6-12 are required to memorize the  piece.

This concert ends with a reception with lots of cookies. For more information go to www.sbob.org.