• Senior Halloween Oct. 26

• Picture re-take day Oct. 17

• Grease Oct. 26-27 and Nov. 2-3 tickets $10 online $12 at the door

Spider-man PlayStation 4 hides secrets

SPIDER-MAN. This was the first look of the Spider-man Ps4, released at E3 in 2016. The white spider logo was a new design choice made by Insomniac Games. “We are making this game with a lot of heart and we are going to do whatever it takes to give people the ultimate Spider-Man experience,” said Bryan Intihar, creative director of Spider-man Ps4.

Creative Commons

The long-awaited Spider-man Play Station 4 (PS4) game released on Sept. 7. Since the games release date, Sony’s stock has been steadily increasing.

Though the game is a PS4 exclusive, that does not mean people can not come together and enjoy the Easter eggs the developers included.

An Easter egg is basically an intentional inside joke, hidden message or image, or secret feature of a work. It is called an Easter egg, referencing Easter egg hunts.

Basically, in the Spider-man PS4 game, there are multiple references to Marvel Comics and characters that could be missed without taking a deeper look into the game.

The game itself takes place primarily in Manhattan.

Some of the more obvious references are Avengers Tower, Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum, and Stan Lee who has been in almost every Marvel product in some way, shape, or form.

A large number of Easter eggs reference the Daredevil comics and television series. This is due to the fact that Daredevil takes place in Hell’s Kitchen, a neighborhood in Manhattan.

Hell’s Kitchen in Spider-Man PS4 includes Fogwell’s Gym, Josie’s Bar, Clinton Mission Shelter, and Nelson and Murdock Law Office.

The last of the references from the Netflix Marvel shows are Alias Investigations (Jessica Jones’ office) and Fisk Tower.

“The greatest thing about working on a Spider-man game is that you are working on a Spider-man game,” said Jon Paquette, the lead writer for the story of Spider-man PS4.

“One of the most compelling things about Spider-Man is when Peter Parker and Spider-Man’s worlds combine and we have tried really hard to weave the two stories together to create a story that is not necessarily just a superhero story, but a human story as well,” said Jacinda Chew, the Art director for Spider-Man PS4.

Easter eggs that relate to the Marvel Cinematic Universe are the Damage Control Building (premiered in Spider-Man: Homecoming) and the Wakandan Embassy (Wakanda is the home country of Black Panther.)

A more obscure reference is the replacement of The Charging Bull statue with LockJaw (a giant Bulldog from the Inhumans comics).

An Easter egg that developers put in for themselves, is the F.E.A.S.T. shelter where there is a wall full of pictures of the developers who created the game.

Finally, one of the most heartfelt Easter eggs is that as Spider-man you can visit Uncle Ben’s grave.

Those who have the game may search for these. Easter eggs like these make fans appreciate the work that developers put into the game.

Sources:

Screen rant

Internet Gaming News

• Spider-man PlayStation 4 hides secrets

Arts & Entertainment

Fall color pallette

Arts & Entertainment

From Yeezus to Yandhi

Arts & Entertainment

Just you wait! Broadway comes to Cincinnati

Arts & Entertainment

Mission Impossible stunt goes wrong

Arts & Entertainment

Netflix releases new titles

Arts & Entertainment

Aves Theatre announces season

Arts & Entertainment

Wiz Khalifa, Rae Sremmurd to perform in Cincinnati

Arts & Entertainment

Need to know for ‘Infinity War’

Arts & Entertainment

‘This is America’: The trending music video’s hidden meaning

Arts & Entertainment

SHS orchestra concert

Spider-man PlayStation 4 hides secrets