• Fashion for the Cure Feb. 15 6:30 p.m.

• Blood Drive Feb 15 6:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in the Gregory Center

• Cabaret Feb. 9 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Filed under Feature, Showcase

Stan Lee remembered

Students, celebrities reflect on legend’s life

Stan Lee remembered

EXCELSIOR!  Stan Lee, co-founder of Marvel Comics, is considered to be one of the biggest influences in comic book and pop culture society today. In fact, he was such an influence that even Marvel’s longtime rival, DC Comics, decided to give the late icon their respects as well. “[Lee] changed the way we look at heroes, and modern comics will always bear his indelible mark,” said a DC representative via the company’s Twitter account.

EXCELSIOR! Stan Lee, co-founder of Marvel Comics, is considered to be one of the biggest influences in comic book and pop culture society today. In fact, he was such an influence that even Marvel’s longtime rival, DC Comics, decided to give the late icon their respects as well. “[Lee] changed the way we look at heroes, and modern comics will always bear his indelible mark,” said a DC representative via the company’s Twitter account.

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

On Nov. 12, a comic book legend, unfortunately, passed from this world. Even if you are not a fan of comics, you have probably been impacted by his legacy in more ways than one.

Stan Lee, born on Dec. 28, 1922, was one of the co-founders of Marvel Comics, and the creator of many classic characters such as the Incredible Hulk and the Amazing Spider-Man. He passed away at the age of 95.

Lee was considered many to be one of the most influential icons in pop culture history, creating a legacy beloved by millions of fans all over the world.

Many people took to social media that day to pay their respects to Lee and the phenomenal mark he made on the world, including several actors who play his characters in movies.

“We’ve lost a creative genius,” said Hugh Jackman, who plays Logan/Wolverine in the “X-Men” series of films.

“Stan Lee was a pioneering force in the superhero universe. I’m proud to have been a small part of his legacy and …. to have helped bring one of his characters to life,” Jackman said.

Several SHS students have also participated in the celebration of Lee’s life since his passing.

“We’ve lost Stan Lee. One of the best, if not, THE best comic book storyteller ever,” said Jaylen Bolden, 12.

“I can say for a fact I wouldn’t be who I am if it wasn’t for [Lee],” Bolden said.

Lee’s goal in life was to showcase the best in everyone, and his dream will still live on in the hearts of many now that he has unfortunately departed from the land of the living.

“He gave people hope. He taught people that there is still good in the world,” said Dylan Whittemore, 12.

No matter how old or young, famous or not, so many people have come together to commemorate Lee and his legacy.

Rest in peace, Stan. You will be missed.

Sources: 

• Stan Lee remembered

Mott wins big at local writing competition

• Stan Lee remembered

Students help Fashion for the Cure

• Stan Lee remembered

Students embrace Year of the Pig

• Stan Lee remembered

Schooling across the globe

• Stan Lee remembered

Fitting relaxation into daily life

• Stan Lee remembered

Student-managed fashion show benefits The Dragonfly Foundation

• Stan Lee remembered

Book club members on how to read for pleasure

• Stan Lee remembered

Simple, at home vegan mug cake

• Stan Lee remembered

Counseling center groups help students stress less

• Stan Lee remembered

Student council raises support

Stan Lee remembered