• Band Concert Jan. 10

• Winter break Dec. 21- Jan 6

• End of second quarter Dec. 20

Filed under Feature, Showcase

Stan Lee remembered

Students, celebrities reflect on legend’s life

Stan Lee remembered

EXCELSIOR!  Stan Lee, co-founder of Marvel Comics, is considered to be one of the biggest influences in comic book and pop culture society today. In fact, he was such an influence that even Marvel’s longtime rival, DC Comics, decided to give the late icon their respects as well. “[Lee] changed the way we look at heroes, and modern comics will always bear his indelible mark,” said a DC representative via the company’s Twitter account.

EXCELSIOR! Stan Lee, co-founder of Marvel Comics, is considered to be one of the biggest influences in comic book and pop culture society today. In fact, he was such an influence that even Marvel’s longtime rival, DC Comics, decided to give the late icon their respects as well. “[Lee] changed the way we look at heroes, and modern comics will always bear his indelible mark,” said a DC representative via the company’s Twitter account.

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

Creative Commons

On Nov. 12, a comic book legend, unfortunately, passed from this world. Even if you are not a fan of comics, you have probably been impacted by his legacy in more ways than one.

Stan Lee, born on Dec. 28, 1922, was one of the co-founders of Marvel Comics, and the creator of many classic characters such as the Incredible Hulk and the Amazing Spider-Man. He passed away at the age of 95.

Lee was considered many to be one of the most influential icons in pop culture history, creating a legacy beloved by millions of fans all over the world.

Many people took to social media that day to pay their respects to Lee and the phenomenal mark he made on the world, including several actors who play his characters in movies.

“We’ve lost a creative genius,” said Hugh Jackman, who plays Logan/Wolverine in the “X-Men” series of films.

“Stan Lee was a pioneering force in the superhero universe. I’m proud to have been a small part of his legacy and …. to have helped bring one of his characters to life,” Jackman said.

Several SHS students have also participated in the celebration of Lee’s life since his passing.

“We’ve lost Stan Lee. One of the best, if not, THE best comic book storyteller ever,” said Jaylen Bolden, 12.

“I can say for a fact I wouldn’t be who I am if it wasn’t for [Lee],” Bolden said.

Lee’s goal in life was to showcase the best in everyone, and his dream will still live on in the hearts of many now that he has unfortunately departed from the land of the living.

“He gave people hope. He taught people that there is still good in the world,” said Dylan Whittemore, 12.

No matter how old or young, famous or not, so many people have come together to commemorate Lee and his legacy.

Rest in peace, Stan. You will be missed.

Sources: 

• Stan Lee remembered

Student council raises support

• Stan Lee remembered

Synnovation Lab students bake for a cause

• Stan Lee remembered

French Club encourages conversation

• Stan Lee remembered

Festival of lights is here

• Stan Lee remembered

Jewish Community holds vigil

• Stan Lee remembered

Where and why SHS travels

• Stan Lee remembered

Service dog goes to school

• Stan Lee remembered

Meghan Markle becomes expectant mother

• Stan Lee remembered

Climate change, natural disasters possibly related

• Stan Lee remembered

Are the Reds losing fans?

Stan Lee remembered