• SHS report cards distributed April 2

• Student Council Color Run April 6 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

• Spring Break March 18-22

Filed under Showcase, Sports

SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

ON THE ICE. Sports Plus has remained a mainstay in the lives of all SHS hockey players for years, and it is where Skate with the Aves is held each year. The location also houses other gyms and activities for children and athletes all around the Cincinnati area. “Sports Plus has benefited the team for practices and games and we hope others can share the same feeling of appreciation for the establishment,” said Matt Spary, SHS hockey coach.

Josh Moore

Looking for a new experience at a low price or to embrace the winter season? The SHS hockey team is giving students the chance to answer both of those rhetorical questions in the form of Skate with the Aves.

On Sat, Dec. 22nd, students and members of the Sycamore community are invited to come down to Sports Plus in Evendale for a full hour of ice skating and fun with friends.

“It’s not only fun for the participants who come but for the players there. We love helping newcomers who haven’t mastered the art of skating yet,” Ian Suddarth, 12.

Skating with the Aves is perfect for those who want to skate but have never had the skill and courage to follow through. The hockey team players will be skating alongside participants at all times.

The team is ready to use the skills taught to them during the season for the benefit of others. And if things go well, maybe participants will consider joining the team next year.

Skates are about five dollars to rent, but besides that, the program itself is totally free, as it is being supported by the hockey team. Although, the team will be collecting donations, and any money raised will go to funding the hockey program which consists of the summer and fall programs that are designed to spark interest among all ages.

“About half the players we’ve had throughout the program have hailed from these seasonal sessions, which is why it is so important to keep the program running and sufficiently supported,” said Matt Spary, SHS hockey coach.

For more information on dates and timing, follow the team on twitter @AvesHockey.

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

Snow day decisions: behind the scenes

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

Galleries

Chem club makes soap

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

What do you know?

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

Opinion

TXT surprises audience with unique concept

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

F is for ‘fractivism’

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

Infographics

International Women’s Day

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

Infographics

Daylight savings quickly approaches

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

The Lynx Project: Behind the Scenes

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

The story behind the poem

• SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves

One from 95,000

SHS Hockey hosts Skate with the Aves