• No school April 19

• No school April 22

• Prom April 27, 8:00 p.m.

Filed under Feature, Showcase

Student-managed fashion show benefits The Dragonfly Foundation

FFTC. With February soon arriving, SHS' very own students continue to share their creativity while benefiting the acclaimed Cincinnati non-profit, The Dragonfly Foundation. The 13th annual Fashion for the Cure is set to begin at 6:30 on Feb. 15. According to senior chairman Sammi Miller, “Last year, we raised $25,577.42 but our goal this year is to beat that number, so we hope to raise a record-breaking $30,000 for the foundation.”

Sammi Miller

Sammi Miller

Sammi Miller

As February quickly approaches, SHS students continue to share their creativity and philanthropic support of The Dragonfly Foundation with the 13th annual Fashion for the Cure (FFTC).

What is FFTC?

An evening held at SHS on Friday, Feb. 15, 2019, the premier event features sophisticated student-made designs, fashions from local retailers, a basket raffle, silent auction, and dragonfly kids. The show will be held at SHS in the auditorium, and doors will open at 6:30 p.m, and the show will start promptly at 7:30 pm.

As mentioned, all proceeds benefit The Dragonfly Foundation, which is a local nonprofit dedicated to helping pediatric cancer patients and their families find strength, courage, and joy.

In pertinence to the show, The Dragonfly kids will be rocking the runway wearing t-shirts they personally designed, alongside high school fashion students wearing custom-designed clothing.    

Another portion of the show includes Sycamore High School students, who will be modeling formal wear clothing from Bridal and Formal and Folchi’s Tuxedo & Menswear, as well as casual wear clothing from TJ Maxx. Audience members may even see some of SHS’ very own teachers strutting down the runway.

As for the rest of the event, prizes for the large basket raffle and silent auction include artwork, sporting tickets, gourmet dinner vouchers, autographed sports memorabilia, and hundreds of other items.

In fact, thinking about a trip to NYC lately? Look no further, for this year, a special addition is the grand auction prize is a New York Weekend Getaway. Not only will the getaway include two round trip Ultimate Air Shuttle tickets, but it also comes with fun activity vouchers. Raffle tickets will be sold prior to the show, or reach out to an FFTC committee member to purchase one now.

Speaking of tickets, be on the lookout during the week of Feb. 15 during lunch at SHS for event tickets. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Preferred blue tickets are being sold online for $25 and VIP (pick your seat) for $50.

With that, come out for a night of fashion, food (bundt cakes!) and all to support a really great cause. Can’t make it? Help make an immediate difference by clicking here

• Student-managed fashion show benefits The Dragonfly Foundation

Traveling in Texas

SHS reacts to Notre-Dame fire

How to stay motivated for fourth quarter

The email heard ‘round the school

Spring break in Spain

Living in the dreamland

Making your way through Magnolia Bakery

Sycamore graduate rocks an inclusive runway

AP Euro Students Explore Europe

“Roots” now live on SoundCloud