• SHS report cards distributed April 2

• Student Council Color Run April 6 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

• Spring Break March 18-22

Filed under News

New era of fashion

New era of fashion

LIGHTS. CAMERA. FASHION. As a new season of Project Runway debuts, viewers will experience some new changes. Nonetheless, the fashion is still stellar. Be on the lookout for Ohio native and UC DAAP graduate, Tessa Clark.

Grace Zhang

Grace Zhang

Grace Zhang

“Project Runway” is back for its 17th season. The fashion series’ premiere is set to air tonight, March 14, at 8:00 p.m. Now before tuning into Lifetime, make note that just like how the fashion industry constantly evolves, the new season of “Project Runway” will bring a fresh start.

First, the series has returned to its original network, Bravo, while it says goodbye to famed mentor Tim Gunn and host Heidi Klum. Together, they have moved on to work with Amazon in developing a new fashion series, where according to The New York Times, “…viewers will be able to buy the styles they like through the website.”

As for their replacements? Christian Siriano, winner in the fourth season of  “Project Runway” as well as having his designs showcased plenty on the red carpet, is the new mentor alongside host and supermodel Karlie Kloss.

Further, joining returner Nina Garcia on the judging panel are Elaine Welteroth, who is the former editor of Teen Vogue, and red carpet designer, Brandon Maxwell.

Speaking of the new cast, be on the lookout for Cincinnati’s very own Tessa Clark, owner and designer of Grind and Glaze. Not only is the clothing line ethically crafted, it’s locally sold in Over-the Rhine. Check out her shop here.

According to her cast bio from Bravo,

“Her aesthetic [is] minimal, elevated casual-wear and unrefined luxury.”

Joining Tessa in the competition are 15 other designers, where they will all compete for a $250,000 prize on the reality TV fashion competition. Each episode contains a surprise challenge so stay tuned for a thrilling season of surprises and fabulous fashion.

“I’m really excited for this new season of project runway because the trailer showcased so many great designers ad the challenges are always fun to watch,” said Asalya Samieva, 11, aspiring fashion designer.

Watch the trailer here.

• New era of fashion

Cincinnati Children’s Museum’s Revisions Overview Cincinnati Children’s Museum

• New era of fashion

One from 95,000

• New era of fashion

Lynx Project prepares to perform at SHS

• New era of fashion

Psychology students take time to be grateful and de-stress

• New era of fashion

New fossil discovery

• New era of fashion

Aves Ablaze heads to state

• New era of fashion

Closer to $20,000: Kling moves on

• New era of fashion

Fashion for the Cure live stream

• New era of fashion

Students shave heads for awareness, hair donation

• New era of fashion

Welcome to the future

New era of fashion