• HS Graduation May 19, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

• Last Day of School, May 23

• AP Exams May 6-10 and 13-17

Filed under News

New era of fashion

New era of fashion

LIGHTS. CAMERA. FASHION. As a new season of Project Runway debuts, viewers will experience some new changes. Nonetheless, the fashion is still stellar. Be on the lookout for Ohio native and UC DAAP graduate, Tessa Clark.

Grace Zhang

Grace Zhang

Grace Zhang

“Project Runway” is back for its 17th season. The fashion series’ premiere is set to air tonight, March 14, at 8:00 p.m. Now before tuning into Lifetime, make note that just like how the fashion industry constantly evolves, the new season of “Project Runway” will bring a fresh start.

First, the series has returned to its original network, Bravo, while it says goodbye to famed mentor Tim Gunn and host Heidi Klum. Together, they have moved on to work with Amazon in developing a new fashion series, where according to The New York Times, “…viewers will be able to buy the styles they like through the website.”

As for their replacements? Christian Siriano, winner in the fourth season of  “Project Runway” as well as having his designs showcased plenty on the red carpet, is the new mentor alongside host and supermodel Karlie Kloss.

Further, joining returner Nina Garcia on the judging panel are Elaine Welteroth, who is the former editor of Teen Vogue, and red carpet designer, Brandon Maxwell.

Speaking of the new cast, be on the lookout for Cincinnati’s very own Tessa Clark, owner and designer of Grind and Glaze. Not only is the clothing line ethically crafted, it’s locally sold in Over-the Rhine. Check out her shop here.

According to her cast bio from Bravo,

“Her aesthetic [is] minimal, elevated casual-wear and unrefined luxury.”

Joining Tessa in the competition are 15 other designers, where they will all compete for a $250,000 prize on the reality TV fashion competition. Each episode contains a surprise challenge so stay tuned for a thrilling season of surprises and fabulous fashion.

“I’m really excited for this new season of project runway because the trailer showcased so many great designers ad the challenges are always fun to watch,” said Asalya Samieva, 11, aspiring fashion designer.

Watch the trailer here.

• New era of fashion

FDA warns users of sunscreen

• New era of fashion

The Leaf represents

• New era of fashion

Cincinnati Marches

• New era of fashion

SHS reacts to Notre-Dame fire

• New era of fashion

Seniors: Fill out survey for the Senior Leaf

• New era of fashion

Kling attends Coca-Cola Scholars Banquet

• New era of fashion

Remembering 20 years ago

• New era of fashion

Cincinnati Children’s Museum’s Revisions Overview Cincinnati Children’s Museum

• New era of fashion

One from 95,000

• New era of fashion

Lynx Project prepares to perform at SHS

New era of fashion