‘Frozen’ by Disney album review

Ever since it hit theaters, the kid-friendly, PG rated movie has been highly praised and well reviewed. The box office hit has entertained people of all ages. The light-hearted musical brings joy and smiles to the faces of its audience. Photo Courtesy: MCT Photo
Ever since it hit theaters, the kid-friendly, PG rated movie has been highly praised and well reviewed. The box office hit has entertained people of all ages. The light-hearted musical brings joy and smiles to the faces of its audience.
Photo courtesy of MCT Photo.

Frozen” has become a popular animated movie appealing to all ages. One of the reasons why it was so popular was because it was a musical featuring the voices of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, and Josh Gad.

Both the album opener “Frozen Heart” and the character-establishing “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” deeply resemble songs from Disney’s other films (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” “The Little Mermaid”).

“This adorable movie has made me smile and laugh so much, it is really a great film to watch,” said Astrid Cabello, 10.

While “Snowman” works better in the film (the visuals fill in some of the song’s gaps) the cute vocals and gorgeous melody helps make the song memorable.

“My favorite character had to be the snowman Olaf, he was hilarious and I loved his songs,” said Cabello, 10.

The best song, however, is “Let It Go,” Elsa’s big diva number as she leaves her homeland, finally allowing her the simple pleasure to just be herself. Performed with powerful vocals by Idina Menzel, it’s got every element needed to be a lasting favorite.

“After watching this movie I was obsessed with the song ‘Let It Go;’ it has a beautiful melody,” said Priscilla Wu, 10.

The back half of the album focuses on the orchestral score of the movie and composer Christopher Beck’s career seems to have been tailored to prepare him for the exact elements “Frozen” tossed at him.