Flyerettes compete at Seton High School

The Flyerettes competed against other high school dance teams in the area. The team is hoping to make it to state in March. The girls have been working hard all season to prepare for these big events. Photo courtesy of McDabiel’s Photography
The Flyerettes competed against other high school dance teams in the area. The team is hoping to make it to state in March. The girls have been working hard all season to prepare for these big events. Photo courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography.

The Flyerettes dance team competed at a dance competition on Jan. 11. The team has been preparing for this event all season. The girls performed three different dances at the competition, jazz, pom, and hip hop.

The competition was at Seton High School. The Flyerettes competed against different high school Varsity dance teams in the area. The girls score and award are still unknown, due to them leaving early to perform at the boys Varsity basketball game later that day.

Even though the competition is over the team has another competition to prepare for. States are coming up in March. The girls are hoping to win states and move on in the competition season.

As the girls prepare for states they get their extra practice time in front of an audience at the boys Varsity basketball home games.  The games are twice a week, the dance team performs during halftime along with the cheerleaders.