Chocolate Roses spread love

The chocolate roses will be sold on February 10- February 14. They cost $1.50 for one and if two or more have been purchased they cost $1. The roses will be delivered during seventh bell.  Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Rickert
The chocolate roses will be sold on Feb. 10 Feb. 14. They cost $1.50 for one and if two or more have been purchased they cost $1. The roses will be delivered during seventh bell.
Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Rickert

The week of Valentine’s Day is filled with hearts and roses. For example, Student Council is selling chocolate roses on Feb. 10 through 14 for $1.50 for one and if two or more have been purchased they will be $1. They will be sold during lunch.

“I think it’s a cute idea, but I mean it’s not really as romantic as an actual flower,” said Leila Kazemi, 10.

The fundraiser goes toward the senior class. The seniors need the money to pay for graduation, a class gift, and a teacher gift.

“The roses will be delivered on Feb. 14 to seventh bells, 2nd bells for early dismissal seniors. We’ve done this for the past couple of years and it’s been a huge success,” said Sara Constand, 12.

Notes can be written to the person the roses are be sent to.

“I think it’s a great and affordable way to let that special someone know you care. Or just a great way to let your friends know how much they mean to you,” said Adam Lucken, 11.