Basketball wins back to back

Hill snags a rebound. Hill is the leading scorer for SHS, averaging 17.8 points per game. The team will finish the season with games againtst Princeton, Miamisburg, and Lakota West
Mitchell Hill, 12, snags a rebound. Hill is the leading scorer for SHS, averaging 17.8 points per game. The team will finish the season with games against Princeton, Miamisburg, and Lakota West. Photo Courtesy of McDaniel’s Photography

After a disappointing start to the season, the Varsity Basketball team has turned it around by winning six out of seven games in the Greater Miami Conference (GMC) season play.

“We have turned it around lately, which will help us in the long run,” said Andrew Seide, 12, team manager.

SHS defeated Loveland, Middletown, Mason, and more to help their playoff dreams try to become realities.

“I am happy to see that the team is playing better and beating quality opponents. It shows me the raw talent that we really have, and gives me confidence that they can make a playoff run,” said David Muskal, 11.

1

With only five games to go, the team looks to finish the regular season on a high note, to make a final push for the playoffs.

“I think we will have a shot to make the playoffs. We currently at .500 and we need to be able to play harder and understand how hard people need to work. We need to come to every game and practice with a positive attitude in order to boost our morale,” said Seide.

2